Recently Announced Opportunities
For additional information about Tobacco Regulatory Science Program (TRSP) funding opportunities, visit the TRSP website.
- Fall 2023 VITAL Scholar Application (Call for applications)
- POSTED: Fri May 26, 2023
- DEADLINE: Mon Jun 05, 2023
- The Department of Community Health and Health Behavior at the University at Buffalo (UB) invites applications for the Visiting Future Faculty program (VITAL), an exciting and rewarding four-day program that brings outstanding doctoral scholars from all disciplines and from around the country to UB, one of the nation’s leading public research universities. We would be delighted if you would consider applying to be a Visiting Future Faculty in Fall 2023 or could spread the word about the program. To apply, please complete the application by June 5, 2023. The application form is available at: https://forms.gle/PkitQVRMUxo6w3e89. VITAL seeks to support emerging scholars and contribute to the growth of faculty from traditionally underrepresented populations in the United States, particularly from Indigenous, African American/Black, and Hispanic/Latinx backgrounds. VITAL scholars will have the opportunity to engage intensively with UB faculty and students, participate in events dedicated to sharing their scholarly work, and experience the university’s and Buffalo-Niagara region’s many offerings. Eligible students are ABD candidates in doctoral programs in any field who intend to pursue academic careers and who are available to visit UB during Visiting Future Faculty Week (October 15-20, 2023). The program will help emerging scholars build a network of mentors and collaborators to support them as they continue to pursue their career goals. Visiting Future Faculty cohort members will also have the chance to get to know one another during their visit to UB, which will take place from October 15 (arrival) to October 20 (departure). The program covers the cost of travel, accommodations, and meals. In addition, Visiting Future Faculty will receive a $1000 honorarium. (Please note: if you are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, payment of the honorarium is contingent upon your visa status and other requirements, and is subject to tax withholding.) Click here for more information on UB’s Visiting Future Faculty Program. We plan to respond to applicants by the end of July to inform them whether or not they were selected.
- Application due June 5, 2023
- Consideration for Presentation at a Tobacco Online Policy Seminar, TOPS (Call for papers)
- POSTED: Wed Sep 09, 2020
- DEADLINE: None
- The Tobacco Online Policy Seminar (TOPS) is reviewing abstracts/papers for potential selection for future seminar dates. Researchers of all levels are encouraged to submit their research. Submitted papers should use experimental or quasi-experimental variation (i.e., a well-defined counterfactual) to help guide the development of an effective tobacco policy framework. Please submit your research through the TOPS website submission portal. Please indicate whether your presentation will be a workshop, traditional paper presentation, or research agenda overview presentation (i.e., “grand rounds”). Please contact TobPolicy@gmail.com if you have any questions.
- Tobacco Online Policy Seminar (TOPS)