Recently Announced Opportunities
For additional information about Tobacco Regulatory Science Program (TRSP) funding opportunities, visit the TRSP website.
- Tobacco Control Research Cancer Research Training Award (CRTA) Fellow (Request for applications)
- POSTED: Fri Oct 29, 2021
- DEADLINE (estimated): Sun Jul 31, 2022
The Tobacco Control Research Branch of the Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences at the National Cancer Institute (part of NIH) invites applications from qualified candidates for a Cancer Research Training Award Fellowship position.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Start Date: January or June 2022, depending on graduation date (negotiable).
Day-to-day activities include:
• performing data analyses with large population health data sets, primarily the Tobacco Use Supplement to the Current Population Survey (TUS-CPS);
• contributing to manuscripts for peer-reviewed journal publications;
• conducting literature reviews or environmental scans;
• writing scientific content for Federal staff and other audiences;
• participating in TUS-CPS meetings and other team meetings; and
• attending seminars and other training opportunities.
Qualifications Applicants must have a doctoral degree (or be a Ph.D. candidate) in a relevant discipline (e.g., epidemiology, public health, health policy, health communication, psychology, biostatistics) and a strong interest in tobacco control and behavioral science research.
- Read more about “Tobacco Control Research Cancer Research Training Award (CRTA) Fellow”
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for the Center for Rapid Surveillance of Tobacco (CRST) to Assess Changes in Use Behaviors, Product Marketing, and the Marketplace (U01 Clinical Trial Optional) (Notice of Intent)
- POSTED: Thu Aug 26, 2021
- DEADLINE (estimated): Tue May 31, 2022
- DESCRIPTION: This Notice is to inform the research community that the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Tobacco Regulatory Science Program (TRSP), the National Cancer Institute (NCI), and the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Center for Tobacco Products (CTP) intend to issue a Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) seeking (U01) applications for a Center for Rapid Surveillance of Tobacco (CRST) to support time-sensitive data acquisition strategies, data harmonization, data synthesis and analysis, and reporting activities on emerging and current tobacco use across the United States. Applications should focus on rapid surveillance, real-time signals, and reporting of information on emerging tobacco use patterns, factors that contribute to their use, including social media and tobacco product marketing, and changes in the tobacco marketplace.
- Estimated Publication Date of Funding Opportunity Announcement: November/December 2021
- First Estimated Application Due Date: May 2022
- Earliest Estimated Award Date: April 2023
- Earliest Estimated Start Date: April 2023
- Read more about “Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for the Center for Rapid Surveillance of Tobacco (CRST) to Assess Changes in Use Behaviors, Product Marketing, and the Marketplace (U01 Clinical Trial Optional)”
- Consideration for Presentation at a Tobacco Online Policy Seminar, TOPS (Call for papers)
- POSTED: Wed Sep 09, 2020
- DEADLINE: None
- DESCRIPTION: The Tobacco Online Policy Seminar (TOPS) is reviewing abstracts/papers for potential selection for future seminar dates. Researchers of all levels are encouraged to submit their research. Submitted papers should use experimental or quasi-experimental variation (i.e., a well-defined counterfactual) to help guide the development of an effective tobacco policy framework. Please submit your research through the TOPS website submission portal. Please indicate whether your presentation will be a workshop, traditional paper presentation, or research agenda overview presentation (i.e., “grand rounds”). Please contact TobPolicy@gmail.com if you have any questions.
- Tobacco Online Policy Seminar (TOPS)