Recently Announced Opportunities
For additional information about Tobacco Regulatory Science Program (TRSP) funding opportunities, visit the TRSP website.
- Research Associate, Tobacco Simulation Modeling – Georgetown University Medical Center (Job Announcement)
- POSTED: Mon Feb 14, 2022
- DEADLINE: None
- DESCRIPTION: We seek a full-time Research Associate to join our established and growing Tobacco Simulation Modeling team to assist our completion the multi-investigator modelling research as planned and in duties that include but are not limited to:
• Conducts systematic literature reviews, meta-analyses and tobacco control policy analysis
• Assists in developing research-based input parameters for state and national policy simulation models through literature reviews, data abstraction, analysis and synthesis of results for publication.
• Conducts statistical analysis in R, STATA or SAS using large national health survey datasets (e.g. PATH) and contributing to writing scientific manuscripts.
• Prepares graphs and tables of research results for presentations and conferences
• Assists in writing grant proposals, reports, and other documents as assigned
• Assists with work for other large federally-funded grants (CISNET consortium, International Tobacco Control policy project) that involve a large number on international and national collaborations and will provide opportunities for authorship on publications.
- Read more about “Research Associate, Tobacco Simulation Modeling – Georgetown University Medical Center”
- Research Associate for Tobacco Simulation Modeling Team, Cancer Prevention and Control (CPC) Program – Georgetown University Medical Center (Job opening)
- POSTED: Wed Dec 08, 2021
- DEADLINE: None
- DESCRIPTION: The Research Associate is engaged in research support for the TCORS’ aims to provide evidence-based and expert-informed modeling of the behavioral and public health impacts of tobacco regulations and involves several modeling projects, a data analysis core and a research assessment and input development core. They assist in their modelling work by obtaining and managing large health survey datasets, independently conducting complex statistical analyses and developing data inputs for state and national tobacco associated policy simulation models.
- Read more about “Research Associate for Tobacco Simulation Modeling Team, Cancer Prevention and Control (CPC) Program – Georgetown University Medical Center”
- Tobacco Control Research Cancer Research Training Award (CRTA) Fellow (Request for applications)
- POSTED: Fri Oct 29, 2021
- DEADLINE (estimated): Sun Jul 31, 2022
The Tobacco Control Research Branch of the Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences at the National Cancer Institute (part of NIH) invites applications from qualified candidates for a Cancer Research Training Award Fellowship position.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Start Date: January or June 2022, depending on graduation date (negotiable).
Day-to-day activities include:
• performing data analyses with large population health data sets, primarily the Tobacco Use Supplement to the Current Population Survey (TUS-CPS);
• contributing to manuscripts for peer-reviewed journal publications;
• conducting literature reviews or environmental scans;
• writing scientific content for Federal staff and other audiences;
• participating in TUS-CPS meetings and other team meetings; and
• attending seminars and other training opportunities.
Qualifications Applicants must have a doctoral degree (or be a Ph.D. candidate) in a relevant discipline (e.g., epidemiology, public health, health policy, health communication, psychology, biostatistics) and a strong interest in tobacco control and behavioral science research.
- Read more about “Tobacco Control Research Cancer Research Training Award (CRTA) Fellow”